Monday 15 December 2014

WINTER STYLE DIARY



Though I am not a big fan of winters because I often fall sick with changing climate and dull and gloomy weather all the time makes me feel depressed. I love sunny days...It just rained yesterday and look at the sky … there’s no sun...I miss sun so badly...The only thing that I like about winters is dressing up and Christmas...All the shops and malls are decorated  in red and white …Also, I just love the way one gets to layer up clothes during winters…. There are lots of styles one can follow but listed below are my personal favorites:-


LONG OVER SIZED COATS: I personally like long overcoats till knee... I would love to style it with long boots...
           

 
LONG BOOTS: I own 2 boots... short and medium length...but I would love to have knee length boots...You can either style it with oversize sweaters or long coats.




OVER SIZED SWEATERS: You remember the times from 90’s when all these actresses would wear knee length oversized sweaters...I remember Divya Bharti and Sridevi wearing them a lot...Even Madhuri was seen wearing one in Hum Aapke hai Kaun...if you know how to style them, wear it outside (I mean to college or to office on Saturday’s) or else at home nothing can beat the feeling of wearing an oversized sweater and hot cup of coffee.    










          
         
 
























WOOLEN SCARVES: Again very very important.... You can either wear it around the neck or tie it to your head...Something like this...

              
 







             




Would love to buy something similar this winters...But dunno where would I get something like this in Delhi...I think I would ask my mom to knit it for me.
             

                  



JACKETS: They have always been my favorite...denims, leather jackets were my favorite last year as well...I feel no winter wardrobe is complete without them...I recently saw a denim jacket at Forever 21 .I so much wanted to buy that but it was for 3000 … and I could not makeup mind whether to buy it or leave it..But I chose later option for a reason...I was just smitten with another jacket at Westside...The quality of clothes at Westside has just improved... But for sure am missing that jacket from Forever 21...will buy that once sale is on and only if I will lucky enough to get the same jacket again…   


WINTER BEANIES/CAPS/HATS: Who would deny wearing them during winters… I need to learn it from Koreans and Chinese the way they style it so perfectly. This is so much in fashion... 


   
                  

              



                 
WOOLEN/LEATHER SKIRTS: Buy them from forever 21...They have got some great stuff...style them with jeggings and long boots and scarf and you are ready to go...                      




 





PONCHO: This looks extremely stylish…You have to attend a Party or a wedding…Ditch those traditional coats and sweaters and just grab a poncho… Trust me on this… This looks extremely stylish and will protect you from cold also...We recently saw Sonam Kapoor wearing a poncho over a saree and she was looking great… you could Wear a woolen poncho over jeans and boots also.



CROPPED KNIT: Do try cropped knit this season...

It looks extremely stylish when paired with jeggings and high heel sandals.


                     










 
PLAID COATS/SHIRTS/TROUSERS/SKIRTS: I have been trying to buy one ever since I saw couple of Bollywood stars wearing this...


                   






LOAFERS: Buy them from woodland...They have lot of colors in it and they are stylish as well...


COLORFUL TROUSERS: Well this has nothing to do with winters…I would include this in my wardrobe in order to make myself happy and I hope I overcome depressed mood through that..


HAND WARMERS: Must have...I can’t do anything without them...My hands literally freeze if I keep them bare during winters...I love different styles and colors that are available … hit Sarojini for this. You would get a lot of them there.